GLASRA Referee Feedback Forum: LINK
Referee Post-Game Report: LINK
CASL Pay Scale for Referees (NEW FOR FALL 2017)
CASL has a long-standing relationship with the Greater Lansing Area Referees Association (GLASRA). GLASRA is responsible for assigning referees to most of CASL’s games.
GLASRA will host referee certification courses over the course of the year. For more information concerning certification courses, or refereeing in general, please visit their website.
A note from GLASRA concerning Payment Scenarios:
April 29, 2009
To avoid further confusion, we will be reminding our referees of the following payment policy AFFECTING CASL AND OTHER NON-HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUES THAT GLASRA SERVICES. THIS POLICY WITH THE EXCEPTION OF (2) WAS last sent to you by OUR past President, Scott Goldstein, on November 14, 2006.
REFEREE PAYMENT SCENARIOS
Full payment of referee fees are due prior the start of each match. However, please note the following scenarios:
(1) Match has not started and cannot be played due to inclement weather.
No referee fees are due from the teams for that match.
(2) Match has not started and, IN THE OPINION OF THE REFEREE, cannot be played due field conditions (e.g. goals not properly anchored, FIELD NOT PROPERLY LINED, TURF IN UNACCEPTABLE PLAYING LENGTH OR IN OTHERWISE DANGEROUS CONDITION, ETC).
The league/club (NOT THE TEAMS) will be held responsible for payment to referees present.
(3) Match starts at/after assigned time but is abandoned due to inclement weather, field conditions or other circumstance.
Full fees are due to all referees present by both teams whether or not the match will be considered “official”. IF EITHER TEAM FAILS TO PAY THE REFEREES AT THE FIELD, THE LEAGUE/CLUB (NOT THE DELINQUENT TEAM) WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT TO REFEREES PRESENT. (*)
(4) Minimum number of players present from one team but fewer than minimum number of players from the second team present after 15 minutes of the scheduled starting time, i.e., forfeit.
Full fees are due to all referees present by both teams. If one team fails to appear as scheduled, the league/club will be held responsible for payment to the referees present. (*)
(5) Neither team appears for a scheduled match.
The league/club will be responsible for payment to the referees present. (*)
(2* – 5*) THE LEAGUE/CLUB WILL BE NOTIFIED BY GLASRA IN WRITING WITH A REQUEST FOR PAYMENT TO BE MADE DIRECTLY TO THE REFEREES IDENTIFIED. NAMES & ADDRESSES OF THE RESPECTIVE REFEREE(S) AND AMOUNT DUE TO EACH WILL ALSO BE INCLUDED. PAYMENT IS EXPECTED WITHIN 30 DAYS.
(6) Missing referee. That portion of the total referee fees paid is to be returned to the teams before the officials leave the field. FAILURE TO DO SO SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE USSF ASSIGNOR SO ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE FOR APPROPRIATE REIMBURSEMENT TO THE RESPECTIVE TEAMS.